Take-a- Peek Tuesdays
Join us most Tuesdays from 12pm-2pm when our heritage staff and docents are on site. Take a quick peek at our building collections and hear about our preservation and research efforts. This is a free family member benefit, with $2 donation for non-members- all ages welcome though children must be accompanied by a parent.
October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, & 31st
November 7th, 14th, & 28th
December 5th, 12th, & 19th
Please note that as a non-profit all funds go to supporting our mission- To create a destination and educational resource to inspire exploration, appreciation, and preservation of the natural environment and local history.
Registration is not necessary for this program unless you are bring a group of 5 or more. Please give us a call at 678-366-3511 or email email@example.com
To become a member or learn more about it visit:
Workshops & Lectures
Throughout the year Autrey Mill presents workshops and lectures on various nature and heritage topics.
- Adopt a Stream Workshop participants leave a jam packed day with the tools they need to conduct a successful Chemical Stream Survey according to AAS Guidelines. This hands on interpretive class spans a basic vocabulary of water science with a new emphasis on hands on learning.
- View our calendar for upcoming workshops and lectures.
Guided Heritage Tours
Travel back in time with one of Autrey Mill’s docents to experience history of our local area. See the restored homes, general store, and country church. Hear the stories of life on this land in the 1800s and early 1900s.
We offer several ways to tour the buildings of our Heritage Village
- Book a guided tour for your group – Guided group tours visiting 2-3 of our historic buildings last approximately one hour and can be scheduled at a variety of times.
- Listen to our cell phone tour of the Heritage Village
- Take a guided tours offered as part of school field trips, heritage programs and special events
- on select Sundays (usually the first sunday of the Month)
Please contact us for more information or to schedule a group tour. Proceeds from tours are used for the continuing preservation of Autrey Mill’s natural environment and history.