Our Winter/ Spring season of programs for 2020 is posted and open for registration. Register today for Preschool Adventures, Home School, Guided Hikes, and more! We look forward to seeing you there!
Autrey Mill COVID Accommodations for Programs
Our programs may look a little different from years past as we work to accommodate precautions that help keep Autrey Mill Staff and program attendees safe. We are closely monitoring recommendations and taking guidance on hosting programs from Governor Kemp, CDC, and EPA guidelines.
Please let us know if we can answer any more of your questions.
We hope that this information finds you well, and we hope to see you at Autrey Mill!
Autrey Mill has already put in place these precautions for all daily activity:
- Employees and scheduled volunteers are screened for symptoms and told not to report if exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Signage is in use:
- Handwashing signage at entrance and interior bathroom.
- Entry signage stating no one with symptoms permitted entrance. (see attached examples printed from CDC.gov)
- Personal protective equipment is provided as appropriate to the function and location of workers within the location.
- Expect to use masks.
- Enhanced sanitation:
- Provide ready access to hand sanitizer.
- Sanitation of highly touched surfaces using EPA approved List N disinfectant.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing during breaks
- Prohibiting handshaking and unnecessary person to person direct contact.
- Limit the sharing of desks and workspaces.
- These programs will take place in outdoor settings to allow for social distancing.
- If the Amphitheater is used, only every other bench row will be used for seating.
- If any food is provided it will be in individually wrapped “grab and go” packaging.
- Individuals will be encouraged to bring their own water bottles; disposable water bottles will be available as needed.
- Only one group, tour, or scheduled program is permitted at a time.
- Crafting materials will be designated per participant rather than shared.
Below is an outline of additional precautions that will be taken for the following specific activities.
Small group programs include classes such as Adopt-a-Stream, Home School, or Preschool Classes. In addition to general COVID precautions already in place, these conditions would apply:
- Requiring parents dropping-off and picking-up participants to remain in their vehicles;
- Parents must stay in their cars when dropping off or picking up to minimize possible exposure of any of the participants and staff.
- Screening at drop-off and preventing any program attendee from entering that exhibits symptoms of COVID-19;
- Parents are questioned with the following questions at drop off– “Have you or any member of your household been exposed to COVID-19? Is anyone in your household exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID-19”? Every participant has their temperature screened before they get out of the car at drop off. They are then prompted to step out of the car and grab their belongings without assistance from Autrey Mill Staff. They will then be given some hand sanitizer.
Small-Group Tours On Demand Programming
Small group tours would include classes such as “Take A Peak” tours of historical buildings, small group educational programs (scout and birthday party programs), or the Creek Crawl. In addition to general COVID precautions already in place, these conditions would apply:
- Staff will be present to remind visitors to social distance.
- Staff will limit the total number in enclosed spaces to half capacity so that distancing can be maintained.
- Highly touched surfaces such as doorknobs will be disinfected frequently between visiting groups.