Throughout the year, Autrey Mill offers various events suitable for families.
- October 27 and 28, 2017- Spooky Mill is an evening of Family Halloween Fun with Trick-or-Treating in the Heritage Village, haunted house, games and more. Free entry & trick-or-treating. Tickets can be purchased for activities and food. We also offer Jr. Spooky Mill, daytime Halloween activities for preschoolers.
- November 11, 2017- Scout Day is a wonderful opportunity for Scouts to earn badges, patches, belt loops, etc. Participants use a ‘passport’ to guide them through activities at the various stations set up around Autrey Mill. Activities are targeted for Cub Scouts, Brownies and Jr. Girl Scouts
- Wild Weekend is a day of all things wild! Activities include live animal encounters, educational displays, fun animal-themed games and crafts, interactive learning stations and more.
View our calendar for upcoming family events.
Families can take a guided hike through Autrey Mill with activities designed to get kids exploring the outdoors and interacting with nature. Our winter/spring hikes offer themes such as Shelters, Outdoor Cook, Making Tools & Gone Fishing. Hikes take place rain or shine (dress appropriately); indoor activities may be substituted in cases of severe weather.
We also offer hikes guided by experts, such as
- A spring hike led by North Fulton Master Gardeners, who can identify and provide information about plants and trees in the preserve
- A Creek Hike to discover the fish living in Sal’s Creek, led by the North American Native Fish Association.
View our calendar for upcoming guided hikes.
View our calendar for upcoming stage performances.